This is not a flower, it's really a llama

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Friends, curry, and film

It is with mixed feelings I write this post - one of close friends is moving back home, and one of my close friends is leaving. My other friend and I are very happy to have the first friend come back home, and though we are happy for the second friend's great new job, we will miss her!

A few days ago, a few friends from work and I went to a Thai restaurant, and I tried Thai red curry for the first time. It was great - very aromatic and tasty. And because of the chilis, I felt so good after eating it (like all my sinuses were clear). And then yesterday, my mom brought me some yellow curry from Spice China - it was good too. I am becoming a curry fan.

This movie looks very interesting: http://www.bimfilm.com/iononsonoqui/ - one of the advertisement's for it has a little kid with a guitar that says "This machine kills fascists" - it made me laugh, and reminded me of a dear friend.

Some of the best movies I have seen (I can watch these again and again, and never get tired of them): Winnie the Pooh (and the Blustery Day), Nightmare before Christmas, Fiddler on the Roof, Princess Mononoke, the Joy Luck Club, My Fair Lady, Raincoat, Sadma, Motorcycle Diaries

Some other good ones (that I have only seen once): Tare Zamin Par, Swades, Amadeus, Mr. and Mrs. Iyer, The Shining (some parts are a bit violent, though), The Ring (American version) (litte girl crawls out of the TV - very funny), Om Shanti Om (very funny!)

Worst movies I have seen: Van Wilder, Norbit, Something about Mary, some terrible Punjabi movie about Canada (I don't remember the name), The Curse of the Golden Flowers

Please recommend some of your favorite ones, too! I would love to find out what they are. (And I'd be curious to find out what you think the worst movies are too. ;-) ).

1 comment:

Nanami said...

Awww.... I'm gonna miss you guys too! A lot!

I didn't know there were vegetarian red curries at Thai? Go llamagirl!

Oh my god!!! You saw Princess Mononoke! I love that and the Spirited Away. Some of my faves are Sister Act, hm.... nothing much is coming to mind right now. Maybe the Harry Potter movies, but I like the books better.

Worst movies seen - League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and GhostRider. Saw both in theater and fell asleep during both. Now that's what I call a waste of money.