I finally got to read Tintin and the Alpha Art in its entirety. It is an excellent read, and the ending is very ironic, in a way. Tintin was to be buried in cement and be preserved and sold as a piece of artwork. Consider that Herge died shortly thereafter, so in a sense, Tintin is dead, but also preserved forever as a work of art in the books that Herge produced. I don't know, maybe I'm making this up and there is no irony. I'm slightly confused. (Confused desi).
The Mesa Verde trip was excellent. Camping reminds me of India: I was covered with dust and dirt from head to toe, even directly after taking a shower, because of being out in the open; I was hungry; and it was hot! But I never felt happier, because material possessions suddenly become meaningless - only human companionship has value. As it should be!
I am going on a psuedo-sunrise hike tomorrow with my best mate. Sunrises are so pretty - too bad I never see them, ha! Lazy me. I think the last time I saw the sunrise was coming back from the engineering center at 6am after an all nighter in college. I miss college days, strangely - I miss the inquisitive, analytical atmosphere, and the beautiful mountains, and how convenient everything was, and how social the atmosphere was. I even miss final exams, especially the fun ones, like algorithms and the math classes. I don't miss the sleep deprivation though! I looove getting 7-9 hours of sleep a night these days. I feel so good in the morning. Especially if I take the bus instead of drive to work - then I feel very relaxed.
Well - hope all is going well with you, friends. Happy 4th of July!
4 comments:
Hahahah....same old Timsy who thinks algorithms final exam was fun...math classes were joyful and the pictures of circles and squares in calculus book were pretty :P.
BTW..I need to borrow tintin from you because I never finished reading it.
Same here! I need to borrow them. Also, you should list out all the TinTins you have! :D
I came across a nice bookshop while I was on my camping trip and saw Tintin there and thought of getting one for you :) I couldn't since I didn't know which ones you already have :( I tried to call, but the call didn't go through :(
Thanks girl - actually, I have read all of them! I own Flight 714. I did own Seven Crystal Balls and Prisoners of the Sun at one point too, but they are floating around somewhere... I'll give you girls Flight 714 next time I see you...
Post a Comment