I had such a strange dream last night. You know, how sometimes small pebbles and rocks get wedged in the soles of your shoes, if you've got rubber shoes? I dreamt that a bunch of missing library books got stuck in the soles of my shoes. The weird thing was I had a dream about losing library books a long time back, and here they were in my shoes the whole time! It was cool because I could read the titles and see the library stickers on the books (and I even read a few of them :)) Very odd. And before the library books got stuck in my shoes, my fiancee and I were painting this wall black with pictures of the sun and moon in yellow, and we were climbing around on the walls like spider-men to paint it.
Dreams are so weird. When I was little, I used to have dreams about this imaginary house. It was totally unlike a real house, because as you walked through doors, you kept on going through twists and turns that took you sometimes outside to the trees, and sometimes inside to rooms. And the first time I dreamt this, I was walking through, and I didn't know what was behind each closed door I came to, but after, I walked the same path and I remembered what was behind each door. Have you ever had dreams like this? Where you dream something, forget it when you wake up, but then months or years later, dream of the same thing and remember everything as precisely as if you had just dreamt it yesterday?
Another strange thing is that I used to dream of my grandparents' house in India, and it looked the same as my grandparents' house, except it had this crazy spiral staircase in it. Then, when I went to India to visit them, the spiral staircase was actually there! It was there when I had visited as a little kid too, only I never went up it because the upstairs was under construction back then. Odd how something I can't remember consciously, I can remember in dreams.
3 comments:
I usually get a deja-vu sort of feeling like the one you described. Like I've seen this happen before or have heard this happen before but couldn't remember where. It is entirely possible that I might have seen something vaguely similar in a dream and just forgot about it. Nice post :)
Yup, I know exactly what you mean!! I have had dreams where I'm in our home in India and then in the next moment I'll be at the airport which would be in US.
Hahahah...climbing around the walls like spidermen to paint the wall :P. I have had crazy dreams before and been through that experience too, and even you are aware of some of my dreams :D.
Nice post but I still don't get what it has to do with "thine llamas be blesseed with brotherhood". Just looking at the title, I seriously thought that this post was about llamas but thank god it wasn't :P.
P.S. do you remember your crazy dream about the skateboard :P:P. I still can't forget that...it gives me big laugh when think of it.
Haha, I do remember the dreams you told me about, particularly the ones that involved blankets and counting in gujrati. And yes - I remember the skateboard dream alright.
Post a Comment