Hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving with their family and friends. I had a great Thanksgiving weekend and am sad that it will be over soon. The weather has been beautiful throughout - it snowed lightly only once. I got a chance to go hiking twice, even though both hikes were short. My family had a birthday celebration for the three daughters in our family. We went to the Boulder Dinner Theatre to see The Producers by Mel Brooks - the play was funny, though a bit off-color. Unfortunately, the food made my dad sick. My fiance's family invited us over for Thanksgiving dinner - it was really nice to share this American tradition with them. They made us feel at home, as always, and we enjoyed laughing and chatting with them. My best friend from Seattle invited us to her house-warming. I missed her, and it was nice to see her after such a long time. I also got to meet her cousins who are just like her - smart and easy to get along with. We missed our other two best friends, though, but hope they had fun Thanksgivings :)
I also read some excellent books these past few weeks.
Animal Farm by George Orwell is the greatest fiction book I've ever read. It is the only one I know of that addresses the plights of farm animals. And, my fiance aptly said, "it describes farms too accurately to be entirely satirical". Of course, it is a great satire too.
I also read The Story of My Life, an autobiography by Helen Keller. Her unique perspectives on universal, human experiences were insightful and very inspiring. She was indeed an amazing person.
I also started reading The Analysis and Design of Linear Circuits and am enjoying it so far. I ordered Discrete Mathematics, but it was out of stock.
No comments:
Post a Comment