Tomorrow is the first day of the semester! I'll be taking Algorithms with Ehrenfeucht, and cannot wait - algorithms was my favorite subject in undergrad. Will keep you all posted on how the class goes.
The holidays were great and eventful. Baby Francon was born, and is a very cute and smiley baby. :-)
Mom and Dad invited us to celebrate Christmas Eve and Christmas with them. They always make me feel so welcome in their family - like a daughter rather than a daughter-in-law. The Christmas service at their church was really nice - they sung very beautiful hymns, including "Oh, holy night".
Finally, my husband and my relatives in India got to meet. They got along really well. Who does not love my husband? :-)
We saw Masouri, a beautiful town in the mountains, Shiv Mandir, and Ponta Saab. We almost got a chance to see a Tibetan Buddhist temple, but didn't make it in time to see it. It was fun to see the bhangra dancers with dhols on the road, and the camels, monkeys, and cows, and to listen to the music and watch the processions of the bharats and jalus. The best part was meeting the family and enjoying their hospitality and good conversation. People in India are so friendly, and willing to help.
We went to a church service in Nederland, with some of Evan's close friends. It was very fun - they had several drums and flutes, and taught us how to play the drums.
My brother had given me a gift certificate to a spa for a wedding gift, and finally got a chance to go with my mom. It was a wonderful experience, and so relaxing and soothing.
Also - I got to see "insertsillyblogname" and "mydesiblog" which was nice :-) Thank you much for the tasty chocolate. Hope you guys enjoyed the Sherlock movie!
1 comment:
All the best for the semester sweety! It was great to see you too after almost a month :)
Your India trip sounds really fun...I want to see some pics though.
I really enjoyed the movie...it was nice..although some parts were hard to understand since they were talking kind of fast at times with an accent :P....but I just went with the flow and interpreted what I could..haha.
Post a Comment