This is not a flower, it's really a llama

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Tintin and Rock Climbing



Last weekend, it was hot!  To cool off, my lovely husband took us on a trip to the library.  They have new pretty-looking library cards, including a little card that can be added to one's keychain. Receiving a keychain library card was one of the high points of the week. Now I never need to worry about whether I have my library card with me.

Sunshine had mentioned the Tintin comic books in one of our conversations, so it was on my mind when we went to the library, and I was eager to get a Tintin book.  Most of the books were in French, and since we didn't feel like checking out a pocket French to English dictionary as well, we got one of the English ones - Volume 6 of the series, which includes The Calculus Affair, The Red Sea Sharks, and Tintin in Tibet.  These are three of the best ones Herge made, especially Tintin in Tibet.  The Tibet book is quite different from the other stories Herge made, because it has no villains, other than Mother Nature.  It is simply a story about Tintin's love for his friend and his brave and persistent attempt to save his life.  In fact, the message of the book seems to be that there are no villains, and that everyone, even a monster, has a heart.

Yesterday, went rock climbing with some friends.  My arms are shot now, but otherwise it felt great!  There was one pane in Tintin in Tibet that really made me laugh.   Including it here in case it makes you laugh, too. Ciao.

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

Hahaha...Yep, it made me laugh too..If I was tintin, I would say the same thing!! And talking about the subject, once after we talked about it, I went to library 2 days ago and got 2 books of "The Adventures of Tintin" volume 2 and 3. I am looking forward to reading those :D

LlamajitKaur said...

Awesome! Let us know what you think of them.