This is not a flower, it's really a llama

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Friendship, nature, and spirituality

Spending time with good friends makes me feel happy, and simultaneously humbler and more confident.  I hope that I can give my friends the same feeling of confidence that they give me, by being as supportive and loving as they are. 

A friend, EE, said that youngest children are needy and spoiled.  This is very true in my case - I am always wanting companionship, attention, and affection, and get lonely easily.

Nature is awe-inspiring.  The stillness and beauty of trees give me peace and calmness. The majestic mountains make me aware of my impermanence and smallness, and make me want to enjoy life while it lasts.  Animals and friendly humans give me warmth, and beautiful and fragrant flowers make me stop to appreciate them.

I lumped spirituality into this post, though I have no clue what it means, even after countless patient explanations from friends.  Friendship and nature give me deep happiness, though they are material and mundane.  (I'm not calling my friends boring! Just trying to express that human relationships are worldly as opposed to other-worldly, and well, human).

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

You will never be lonely my friend!! Everyone should have a friend like you b/c you are the sweetest person ever :)

LlamajitKaur said...

Aw :-) You are really sweet, behan-pani, and I'm very lucky to have you as a friend!