I'm no pessimist, but am a bit of a realist when it comes to hard tasks. The following bits of advice may not have been intended to be encouraging, but they've helped me!
"Any idiot can get their phd." I'm not really convinced that this statement is true, but someone said it to me a while ago, and it was the catalyst I needed to get started. After all, if any idiot can do it, I can too!
"Running a 5k is just an exercise in pain." This is a bit of advice from a co-worker who insists that 5k is short enough to just brute force run it without training. Another co-worker said that the first mile is physical, and the rest is just mental. These are good bits of advice, and I'll keep them in mind on Thursday!
2 comments:
Hahaha....Seriously?? Any idiot can get phd?? Who told you this?
How was the 5k run?? Tell me more about it!
Haha, I don't and didn't believe it either!
The 5k was wonderful - really fun. It was warm and so nice to run with that many people.
Post a Comment