The Thanksgiving Break was so relaxing, but back to the grind. Between deadlines at work and school, it's been really busy! I have been daydreaming about rest, relaxation, and enjoying with friends and family. I'm really looking forward to a nice winter break. Two good friends are visiting from out of town in the end of December, which will make it fantastic!
Here's yet another list of things I am daydreaming/wishing to do in December and January:
* Go ice skating with Visiting Friend #1
* Try out the Fleet Feet social running club
* Run the Resolution 5k on New Year's Eve
* Run the Oatmeal 5k in January (running + friends + oatmeal = yummmm)
* Go dancing at the Church
* Go for a nice, long, relaxing hike (with tea and candles of course, in honor of Visiting Friend #2 ;-))
* Climb!
* Go to an ugly sweater white elephant - this is the first American girly thing I've ever been invited to, and I'm really excited about it. I don't have any ugly sweater to wear, so maybe an ordinary one will do :-)
* Cook some new recipes - maybe a fancy dinner for my husband on yule, his favorite holiday
* Sing or listen to Christmas Carols (maybe it's better I just listen, given my horrendous voice)
* Spend lots of time with dear family and friends
Between all my busyness and my husband's busyness, I think he's missing some of his favorite things to, so I'd definitely like to:
* Play lots of tennis (as much as we can before it gets cold)
* Play music (maybe I can play on tablas or tambourine, since let's face it, I am horrible on the keyboards!)
* Go to church/discussion group and talk about philosophy and religion
* Meditate
2 comments:
Sounds like a good list!! I would love to play tennis...haven't played in long time :(. I miss playing it...and to be honest, I will have to start from scratch on that..meaning learn how to get the ball over the net :P....hahaha.
Good luck for any finals or projects coming up in your classes :). You will do great!
Sunshine - that would be fun to play tennis. Today looks like it wouldn't be a good day for it though ;) Heheh - I have the same struggle - getting the ball over the net.
Thanks for the wishes!
Post a Comment