This is not a flower, it's really a llama

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Years, dear friends!

Hope you have an excellent 2012.

The past few weeks have been wonderful and relaxing.  I got to spend lots of time with my husband, family, and friends.  I did some laundry and homework, and got to climb, run, hike, dance, and play.  I spent a week drinking less coffee and getting tons of sleep.  After an entire stress-free week, I feel content and happy!

There are some winter days where the weather is beautiful and perfect. Yesterday was such a day, and we went hiking - it was so refreshing and fantastic.

Dance Central on XBOX is a great game! I had a fun time playing it with friends, and am looking forward to some more dancing!

My friend D belayed me on a fun dihedral at Movement.  This is my favorite climb.

The Tintin movie was great.  It combined three Tintin books: "The Crab with the Golden Claws", "The Secret of the Unicorn", and "Red Rackham's Treasure".  I liked the little touches that were in the movie - the portrait of Tintin that looked like the figure in the cartoons, the newspaper articles on the wall that were references to previous books, the opera singer shattering the glass.  Really clever and well done!

I had wanted to bake oatmeal raisin cookies for the BOHO Christmas, but I was so sick the day before, I just ended up going to the store and buying some.  So, hopefully will get a chance to bake some in the future.

No comments: