This is not a flower, it's really a llama

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Climbing...

Today, my friend Dan D showed me a little about lead belaying, and a little about how to crack climb.  I'm very excited to be learning about how to lead belay, because so many people prefer lead climbing.

Another friend, Jon A took me climbing near Chautauqua, and gave me a chance to lead belay him on a (thankfully!) very easy climb. We got a little lost trying to find the route, so we got a nice hike in too. :-)

And a few days back, our friends Laura B and Caleb N took E and I to Index in Washington, and belayed me for some very fun climbs.

I'm lucky to have such generous friends!

1 comment:

laurab said...

Yay!!! Climbing is fun indeed.

One of my favorite parts of climbing is getting lost on the approach and having to hike lots.

You amazing, positive attitude will translate into sending* powers soon!

Can't wait to give YOU a lead belay soon

(* to ascend the rock)