This is not a flower, it's really a llama

Monday, May 21, 2012

Vegan crackers

It seems like when I try out a new recipe for fun, it usually comes out well, and when I try to make the same recipe for friends or family, it comes out disastrously. 

I guess I try to use intuition rather than written instructions to make things.  Apparently, my intuition stinks. 

So here is an attempt to write down a recipe for vegan crackers that came out kind of well, in hopes that it can be replicated kind of well, as well.

* Preheat oven to 350 deg F.  Grease a cookie sheet.
* In a bowl, combine 2/3 cup buckwheat, 2/3 cup cornstarch, 2 tbsp flax seed, and 1 tbsp baking soda.
* Add a 4oz container applesauce and add 1/4 oil (or less/more to get doughy consistency)
* In a separate bowl,  mix 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, 1/4 cup shredded carrots, 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, 1 1/2 tbsp salt, and add paprika, coriander, turmeric, anus, rosemary, cumin seeds, and cardamom to taste. Blend this stuff, and mix it in with the other stuff.
* Put in cylinders (approx. 1 1/2 inches in diameter, and 3/4 inches in depth) on the cookie sheet
(The crackers don't spread much, so can place them close together).
* Bake 20 minutes or until hardened.
* Have llamas bless the finished product.

No comments: