This is not a flower, it's really a llama

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Interests


  • Animal behavior, culture and society: with humans sharing such similar brain structure with mammals and other birds, it seems logical that they would have many similar mental processes and individual and group behaviors.
  • Genetics, epigenetics: it is fascinating how our DNA is selectively transcribed into RNA, synthesized into proteins, and how the primary, secondary, tertiary, and quaternary structure of these affect just about everything in the human body.
  • Computer vision and graphics: what information can be extracted and novelly presented from camera images and videos.

The following two are more emotional, rather than intellectual, interests.

  • Cultured meat, factory farm conditions: wish that someday, there will be no more needless animal suffering.
  • War: I hate useless wars and their detrimental impacts to people.  I hate, even more, contributing financially to useless wars.  I really, really don't want the US to attack Iran.

No comments: