A good friend opens one's eyes to the world and lets them see things afresh. I am amazed at how beautiful and simple life suddenly seems, once I stop gazing inward, and start gazing outward.
I feel happy to be alive, and to be married to an amazing person like Evan.
This week was nice.
"Letters to my daughter" by Maya Angelou is definitely worth a read, if you need something to add to your booklist. She opens it with: "I gave birth to one child, a son. But I have thousands of daughters." She addresses the book to women of all ethnicities and ages, her "daughters", and shares very personal and touching stories.
It is nice to find a gem like this, a personal narrative from a perspective I wish I heard more of. I crave more perspectives and perspective on life.
The rest of the week was peppered with working, running, bouldering, the company of dear friends, and lots of games of Banagrams. All in all, a wonderful week, with a relaxing weekend to look forward to!
No comments:
Post a Comment