Dear friends, Happy Halloween and Day of the Dead! Hope you had a great October!
Evan has been taking classes in Sanskrit and Buddhism. He read an interesting book about the transmission of Buddhism along the Silk Road. Part of the Silk Road went between the towering Tian Shan mountains and inhospitable Taklamakan desert. What would it have been like in 600 AD, traveling on foot along this road? (Will add Chinese physical geography and history to the list of things to learn more about).
Work has been fun - currently, am analyzing performance of D3D graphics. I signed up for free online classes in computer vision and game theory that start in January, should be fun. Also in the queue for things to learn: Spanish and lead belay for rock climbing.
Boulder Public Library has a nice online tool to learn Spanish grammar and vocabulary. At some point, I'd like to try out a Spanish language meetup to practice conversing in Spanish.
Evan and I went to Pearl Street on Halloween and enjoyed looking at people's costumes and dining with some nice friends. The most notable costume we saw on Pearl Street were "jelly fish zombies" as friend Bhavana called them. Evan didn't dress up. I put on a wig and wore all black. Not sure what this costume was supposed to be - Evan suggested 80's rocker.
We tried watching a scary movie called "Phone" about a woman who gets creepy calls on her cell phone and finds out they are from its previous owner who died and is now haunting everyone that uses it. Evan got bored of it, and I couldn't bring myself to stay awake for it.
Did you dress up for Halloween? Any interesting costumes or happenings?
1 comment:
Nope...I didn't dress up. I did see some cute kids costumes but that was online on the loveland competition site where they were going to pick top 2 pics who got most votes. My colleague's grand daughter was dressed as a lamb...she looked cute and there was this other kid who looked so cute dressed as yodo (I think that's what its called, the character from star wars?)
Did you take pictures on Halloween after you dressed up?
Post a Comment