Here is my life explained in an NPR article
Let me know your thoughts on this - I would really, really love to hear them. Have you experienced this kind of code switching?
A little social awkwardness and confusion seems inherent to being second-generation. I don't think social discomfort should be a reason not to make a good friend. In fact, I feel a little awkward around my closest family and friends. I just feel different kinds of awkwardness with different groups of people. I feel a little miserable if the different groups of people hang out with me at the same time. I get confused on how to behave and become grouchy. Previously, I thought I might be a big ol' fake. Now I know that it is all natural and a reflexive behavior. :-)
1 comment:
Timsy, whenever I'm around you, you are pretty reserved, so it's hard to imagine your code switching is very noticeable, unless you break out in some kind of boisterous reverie when you are with another group.
Post a Comment