This is not a flower, it's really a llama

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Tomorrow morning (svere, svere) I go to Mesa Verde park with my friend. I am very excited - mostly to spend the weekend with my friend, in all honesty, even more than the camping, but I can't wait to go hiking and camping too.

I only went once before, with some college mates. This Qatari kid made us all couscous - it was tasty - he made masala chicken too, but I think it is not 'typical' camping fare. This evening I went shopping for camping food, and made some tofu for tomorrow - hope it is good. I hope I can get better at cooking, otherwise my friend will not want to marry me! Haha, just kidding. Sorry - stupid joke. But I hope it made you laugh.

At my previous job, some coworkers had taken ~1000 snaps of Mesa Verde at different angles (they even got special permission to take snaps at places that are inaccessible to the public), and using photogrammetry, reconstructed a 3D virtual model of the site. So I've 'virtually' explored Mesa Verde, but can't wait to see the real thing.

Can't wait for this trip. And shortly thereafter, I get to see my good friend in Seattle when I go with my family to Canada. That should be a lot of fun too!

Most unfortunately, amid all this fun and good time, I have a project deadline at work, so I'll probably have to bring my laptop with me and work at night, but it should still be a blast. And the work project is actually quite interesting, so can't complain.

I am really, really lucky :)

1 comment:

Nanami said...

Haha reading these blogs really remind me of you. I feel like Tims is still Tims :)

I hope you have a great time at your camping trip! I can't wait to see you again too!