Yay! I got to read a few pages of Tintin and the Alpha Art today - there was a printed version at the local bookstore. The book contains only pencil sketches and the transcript, since Herge died before he was able to complete it. In general, the Tintin books are full colored graphic novels (or comics). Though this book contained only sketches, the sketches are artistic and the story is funny.
I know it is stupid to reiterate what everyone is quite capable of reading for themselves, but I liked it a lot, so I'll do it anyway. Hope you don't mind :)
Captain Haddock is sleeping, and is interrupted by a woodpecker hammering away at a tree outside his window. He thinks it is his butler with his breakfast at his door, and asks them to go away and let him sleep longer. However, it ends up being an opera singer, who insists that he drink a bottle of Loch Lomond. In the previous book, Professor Calculus had given Haddock a pill that made him develop a strong aversion to alcoholic drinks, so he refuses. The opera singer gets mad and sprouts feathers and a beak and starts pecking at him. He screams and wakes up (of course, this was all a crazy dream), and Tintin comes running in. As Haddock begins explaining his strange dream to Tintin, the phone rings, and it is the opera singer - she has flown to the country for a visit. That's as far as I got.
I also have several new Asterix books to read - I'm not a huge Asterix fan (Tintin seems much better to me), but they are entertaining.
No comments:
Post a Comment