My family and I went to the museum today - the best exhibit by far was the guanaco diorama - the museum also has very comfortable wooden seats that look like guanacos. Someday I hope to furnish my house with llama chairs (if my friend doesn't mind).
Some interesting facts from the museum (though some of them may be made up, since my memory and cognitive abilities are not so good...):
-The radius (distance from center to the edge) of a spiral sea shell increases exponentially with angle. (radius(angle) = e^(angle)) - maybe...
-Mammals all have mammary glands (milk glands), but only some give live birth (the placentals, or eutherians). Marsupials, like kangaroos and possums, give birth to partially developed fetuses which then finish maturing in the mother's pouch. Monotremes, of which there is only one species, to the best of my knowledge - the platypus, lay eggs.
3 comments:
Timsy....how come you didn't tell me about Museum?? I would have loved to come with you..you know I've been wanting to go to Museum for a long time and we just couldn't find the right day :(.
I forgot to write in the earlier comment that all the facts were interesting indeed, specially about the mammals :).
Sorry - will go together next time. :(
Post a Comment