This is not a flower, it's really a llama

Monday, January 19, 2009

Yo llama tambien

Today commemorates Martin Luther King. I wish I could eloquently express the feelings his words stir inside me and what a heroic person he was, but I'll leave it to these well-researched descriptions from Nobel Peace Prize site and wikipeda. All of his life, he worked for peace, harmony, justice, and equality. He worked for all people, and what he acheived is unshaken today. At college, someone had impressed his picture into the sidewalk with ink, and had written underneath, "He didn't fight for a day off. He didn't stop because the struggle was over." He inspires me because he believed that the world could be a better place for all, and did his best to make it that way. My best friend is also inspiring, and brings out the best in everyone he knows. Whenever I feel angry or dejected, he points out all that is good and inspires hope. Whenever I feel arrogant and selfish, he helps me see others. Whenever I feel sad or lonely, he makes me smile and feel loved. He's beautiful inside and out. As are all my friends :)

No comments: