Dear friends, hope that you have been well. Look forward to hearing about your travels to Ahmedabad, Hawaii, and Cancun. Since last semester ended, I have felt free and that I have infinite time and infinite possibilities before me. My husband and I have been relaxing and enjoying life and the beautiful and surprisingly warm winter weather. Even though it is relatively warm, it's still a little too cold to run outside, so I started going to our office gym. It is tempting to go outside, because the mountains look so beautiful and majestic in the winter, but when it is so cold, I get out of breath too quickly to go very far.
Our parents went to San Francisco for a few days so we've been watching their cute, hyper, and friendly puppy. She is a handful, especially to walk, and with her short attention span, but she is adorable and very lovable and loving. Sometimes when we sit on the couch, she will climb into our lap and start licking our faces and it is very sweet and kind of gross at the same time, haha. She loves playing with her squeaky ball and going for walks.
We also are in a band called Ahab's Army (so far; we have a hard time deciding on a name) and recently had our first show. Some friends and family came to support us and hear us play, and it was a lot of fun playing in front of others for the first time. Now, I feel motivated to practice more. I never thought that I would play the keyboard - when I was younger, my mom took me for some harmonium lessons so I could learn to sing and play shabads, but I was a spoiled brat. I didn't like it at all and wanted to play tablas - I still like tablas much better than the harmonium because they sound better and are much more fun to play. However, I really love the keyboards - they sound beautiful and are fun to play, and so is the tambourine.
We have been watching this reality TV show called The Amazing Race. I was happy that the two doctors won the race, because they seem like really nice and down-to-earth people. We also saw Karate Kid with Jackie Chan - insertsillyblogname, it really reminded us of you, because you are such a big Jackie Chan fan. It was a great movie - the ending was so cool and it had such an awesome message about self-confidence, honor, and respect.
There is lots more to tell, but can't remember any of it now, because we are being distracted by an excited puppy. Will write more soon. Look forward to talking to y'all. Peace.
2 comments:
Your puppy sounds very cute! I like watching puppies. Kinda scared to go close to one since they are so excited :) One time I went to a friend's place and their puppy chased me all around the living room since the puppy didn't know that I was trying to get away. He thought I was playing with him.
Karate Kid was awesome! :D I watched it in the theatre. I like how they took this and Jackie Chan is still awesome. I bow to his awesomeness. :D I'm glad you guys liked it.
Haha - was it a big puppy?
Post a Comment