This is not a flower, it's really a llama

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Cell Phones

One would think that working at a cell phone company would give you a knack for how to take good care of cell phones - very much not the case.  In the past two years, I've gone through six cell phones.

This bad luck streak started last winter when I dropped my cell phone in a deep pile of snow.  When the snow melted, I found it in good shape, other than having a shorter battery life.  It lasted alright until one day when I was running to class in the rain and dropped it in a puddle of water.  That was the death of it.

Our Verizon contract was about to expire, so I got a new phone.  That one lasted a few months before it fell out of my purse (ok, ok, I dropped it) in a taxi in India.

My husband gave me his old cell phone, but after a month, I dropped that one too, in another puddle of water, while running for the bus, in the rain.

Then, my mom gave me her old cell phone.  That worked up until now - the battery now runs out two minutes into a conversation.  I have to either make my conversations really snappy ("talk faster, man!") or keep the cell phone plugged into a wall charger.  My husband called it a relocatable non-mobile phone (or something like that).

So, my dad gave me his old phone, which I today accidentally forgot in the back seat of my husband's car. Sigh......

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

LOL...love the saga of your cell phones!!! I think we can write a comic book on this :P

I think you and cell phones have never gotten along :D