This is not a flower, it's really a llama

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

New Apartment

Good morning, dear friends.  This weekend, we moved into a new apartment, and I am taking this opportunity to rearrange the furniture, and also to rearrange my life.  We put the bed next to the window and left it open last night, so this morning we were greeted by a brilliant blue sky and soft clouds. I brushed my teeth, washed my face, threw on some jogging shorts, and hit the road (or sidewalk) for an early jog - the birds were chirping and the air was so fresh and crisp! 

Today, I made brunch for the first time.  It was at 8:30, so still pretty early, but it felt like a brunch, because instead of being in a rush and just snarfing down soymilk and cereal first thing in the morning, I went shopping first and took my time and enjoyed putting it together and eating it - oranges, blueberries, strawberries, and toast with orange marmalade and almond butter, so good!  

It is funny how small lifestyle changes make life feel so fresh and exciting, and make one feel so relaxed and joyful. 

No comments: