This is not a flower, it's really a llama

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Crossing off items on the to-do lists...

A while ago, I made a big list of all things I really wanted to do.  I didn't get to check them all off, but am happy to have checked off a few.  I'd like to share these, my proudest moments, with you.  

Dancing: I love dancing, and danced to Bollywood Bhangra and reggae with friends.  These were so much fun!   I'd like to go more!  I also took a shot at hip-hop lessons.  So far, I stink, but I'll keep trying.
 
Hiking: we got to do a lot this summer and fall, and even on the nicer days of winter.  Our favs are Sanitas, Bluebell, and Mesa.  Would love to go with you, if you'd like, some time. Our friend invited us to his birthday party on the 4th of July, hiking the 4th of July trail.  Pretty clever, eh?  We're lucky to have a really close-by and short hike, too - Red Rocks.  It has given us lots of scenery and meditation over lunch breaks and pre-work mornings. 

 
Climbing: Some friends got me hooked on rock climbing, both outdoor and indoor.  They've kept me going to the gym and given me lots of encouragment and fun times.  A friend even taught me how to lead climb.  I'd like to learn to lead belay.
 
Jogging:  A friend got me hooked on this in March 2010, in the beaches of La Jolla.  The beach was so beautiful and tranquil in the morning, and jogging in the sand was so much fun.  I feel very proud to have stuck with this hobby for almost two years now - usually I'm pretty flaky.  I'm still very slow, but now I can go three miles and I couldn't go ten yards before. I think I may even be ready for the Bolder Boulder now, but would like do the Color5k instead or in addition.  This is one where you start out with a white T-Shirt and get pelted with a new color at each kilometer.  So, it's holi + running + helping Children's Hospital.  Pretty good combo.   
 
Travelling: this is something E really loves to do.  We went to Newport Beach, Joshua Tree, Moab, Grand Canyon, Santa Barbara, Fort Lauderdale and Orlando.  Lots of warm places.
 
Tubing: we went tubing down the Boulder Creek for the first time.  Great rush!  Definitely recommend it!
 
Computer graphics: for five years, I worked on video playback and camera display stuff, and really enjoyed it.  Then, I got moved to another team for a few months, which I'm sorry to say I hated!  I worked very hard to get transfered to the graphics team, and finally my request is fulfilled.  I love my job now, and love learning about how GPUs work under the hood.  
 
Computer vision: Also, I signed up for classes at CU, and have loved them so far.  I joined a group interested in computer vision research, and they have given me lots of inspiration, papers to read, and things to think about.  I only wish I had more time and energy to spend at school, but it is hard after a long day at work.  My advisor got me a five-camera rig and a Kinect.  I'm really excited about playing around with these.  I was hoping that the winter days would give me some inspiration to go the lab and work.  But I'm being a big slacker. Spending too much time philosophising and writing in blogs. 
 
Relationships: some of our friends moved out of state, and some have been very busy. But some we see regularly, and even those we see for a short while, we always have a lot of fun spending time with.
 
M & D moved to Santa Barbara, but luckily, I don't have to miss them, because we talk frequently on the phone.  I love hearing how happy they seem in warm and relaxed California.  D is really enjoying his new job - I'm very proud of him and feel he's deserved a job he loves for a long time coming.  Also, I get to spend more time with S and A now that they live closer.
 
I feel more relaxed, happy, and confident than ever before, and ready to take charge of my own life. 
 
And best of all E... after 2.5 years, I still love him as much as when we first got married.  He is getting happier and more confident by the day, too.  We have our ups and downs like any married couple, but I think it has been more up and less down.  And I can't wait to share the rest of life with him.

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

Wow Llamas'r'us!! I am so proud of you!! I am really behind on reading these posts but today I made it my first priority to read your posts since I haven't been able to keep in touch with you for a while now :(.

You already have checked off a lot from your to-do list. I am sorry I haven't been keeping in touch lately due to heavy work load...but hope to see you soon and catch up with you!!

I love you guys so much and know you and E have a great life ahead!!

Anyways, got to go and read the rest of your posts :). Catch you in your next post when I leave a comment :D.

LlamajitKaur said...

Sunshine - you are very sweet. :-) Thank you for your kind wishes.

We are very proud of you too, both of your accomplishments, and what a kind-hearted friend you are!

Good luck with your work - hope it gets easier soon! Yes, really look forward to our next meeting.