This is not a flower, it's really a llama

Friday, March 16, 2012

Hi, sweet friends.  Hope that you're all great.

Life's been great here.  Last weekend was fun and relaxing, and I'm already longing for the next one.  I wandered aimlessly for hours, watched the creek drift by, hiked, perched on a rock and stared up at the beautiful blue sky.  It was awesome. 

I love my husband, and am so proud of the way he has taken charge of his life, and is pursuing his dreams and life with determination, happiness, and confidence.

Work is busy - but I'm taking it one step at time, and not feeling overwhelmed anymore. 

A college friend just appeared on Jeopardy, and crushed it.  My husband was impressed with his gutsy $7000 wager on a Daily Double.  The answer to the Final Jeopardy question was Mohandas Gandhi.

A friend did some climbing with me.  This friend is a very sweet person, very encouraging and helpful, and always says very kind things.  I enjoy their company.

This week, I jogged and danced some - can never get enough of these two activities. 

We watched The Help together.  It was a great story and thought-provoking.  I read a critique online that was also thought-provoking.  I don't the movie was claiming to paint a full picture, just a picture from one woman's perspective, and I think it did a nice job of that.  It also piqued my interest in gender and racial issues.  How do people see and experience the world.  How do they cope with their suffering.  What gives them hope and courage?  How do people experience and express love, kindness, and friendship in different cultures and sub-cultures?  I wish I could learn more.

No comments: