This weekend, my husband's family had a memorial service for his grandfather, who passed away five years ago. It was so nice to hear stories and fond memories of him - he seems like a very amazing and tough person.
I don't know if I have ever met anyone quite like him. He was the kind of person that one can sit with for hours, saying nothing, and feel totally at peace. The first time I met him, I was over at Evan's place, and was feeling nervous. (Even though my in-laws are about as nice as two people can get, I always used to be nervous going over to their place before Evan and I got married - I guess I was concerned about making a good impression). I remember sitting down in a chair next to him, having no idea who he was. He said hello and made some joke, and I remember feeling instantly relaxed and content to be there.
No comments:
Post a Comment