My husband's sister is getting married! It is great to see her and his
mom happy and excited.
B has been really nice to include me in her
plans, and invited me to watch her pick a wedding dress. She looked
really pretty in all of them, and seems like a really decisive person
who knows what she likes and doesn't like. Her enthusiasm and enjoyment
of all details made me smile. Afterward, mom took us (B, her friends,
and me) to get some coffee. I have never been part of anything so girly
before in my life - it was really nice!
It's very exciting for me, to see how the wedding process all works. I
feel like I should know already, since I got married. :-P But, Evan and I
had a very long engagement, and I was so desperate and in a rush to
have the wedding over and to just be married, that in fact, I had
complete apathy toward our wedding. I didn't really care about any
details other than having some religious
ceremony (I didn't even care which religion) and having our family and
friends presence there to support our union.
In fact, weddings come
down to these two things (except the Las Vegas ones), but getting to
be part of B's wedding makes me realize that other aspects of a wedding
can be quite fun too. After all, greater joys in life are made up of enjoying smaller moments. (At least that is what a fortune cookie once told me, and that sounds right).
Luckily for Evan and me, our parents were very
excited about our wedding, and did a fantastic job
of arranging it, so that we got to have a really nice one, in spite of
my bad attitude toward it. In fairness, I did offer a few hare-brained
ideas, like making tortillas for all the guests after the wedding,
since they were so nice to come. We ended up having 200 guests, and I
suck at making tortillas, so that would have been stupid.
No comments:
Post a Comment