I've been struggling to learn to play the keyboards. It'd be nice to have an application that could help me.
Ideally,
the application would allow a user to select from a set of preloaded
songs, or to point her device's camera at sheet notes for a song that
she'd like to learn. She would then be able to view the digitized
version of the sheet notes and select and play segments of the song
through the device's audio synthesizer.
The application should also be able to "listen" to her play the song
on keyboards, via the device's microphone, and offer feedback. The
parts of learning a song that I struggle with are: where to place my
fingers, when to strike the keys, and how long to hold each note
(basically, everything!)
The application would provide a visual guide of the keyboard and how
to place the fingers to play a certain note. It would wait for the
user to play each note correctly before moving onto the next note, in
this mode.
Another mode would help with pacing. The application could provide a
visual representation of the ideal tone - with a rising edge, pulse,
and falling edge - along with a visual representation of the tone that
the user actually produced. This visual information would hopefully
allow the user to correct the timing - when to strike the key and when
to release it. Ideally, if this is done for a set of notes, the user
would hopefully get a better sense of beat.
I've heard that many neural pathways are formed when a person learns
a musical instrument. I wish I knew something about how the human mind
and how it changes when a person learns musical instruments. I am not
sure if such an application would be helpful in forming the correct
pathways, or in long-term learning.
No comments:
Post a Comment