Happy Hour Crag was amazing! The funnest climb I have ever done in my life. I almost got a chance to rapel too - but the rope was too short for it. I got a little nervous when my climbing partner asked me to top belay him from a narrow ledge at the top. Even though I was secured to the anchor and going nowhere, I didn't feel comfortable belaying him without my feet on firmer ground. He was really nice about it and undid the anchoring and redid it higher so that I could sit at the top and lower him down. I am glad he did, because I struggled to lower him even there! He's much heavier than me, so I really had to dig my feet in to stay put. I would like to learn how to belay from ledges sometime though. Maybe the next time :-)
Bouldering was equally awesome. I really like both of these climbing partners - Ed and Jon. They are laid back, encouraging, and really fun to hang out and climb with.
No comments:
Post a Comment