Hi friends - hope your days are going well, and that you are content.
Here's what has been going on over here (hopefully, I don't bore you with too many details. :-)).
Last weekend was really, really nice. I woke up early, and went for a nice run on Saturday morning, then came back and took a long shower, and slept till noon. There is a (purportedly) Irish proverb circulating on google+ that a good laugh or long sleep will cure anything. I like this proverb, only I'd add running and showers to the list of things that make a person feel ecstatic.
Evan and I hiked Mt. Sanitas, and I almost kept up with him. No matter how many times we hike it, the view at the top and on the way to the top is always astounding. Who knew mountains could be so blue and beautiful.
Then, some friends came over to play Taboo. We watched a movie (which meant more naptime for me, and Rebekah).
Sunday I skipped running - too hot! Had a fun Father's Day lunch - my husband's family friends were in town from Jersey. They were really fun to talk to, and had some really unique insights. It's a real treat to hear thoughts from people who have a completely different perspective on life.
I tried baking chocolate muffins. I followed the recipe exactly, which should have been for 8 muffins, but ended up with enough batter for one muffin. :-S So, I randomly added ingredients until it looked large enough in size and baked it. They tasted more like cookies than cupcakes (cupcookies?) but it is hard to go too woefully wrong when the primary ingredients are chocolate, sugar, and coconut.
Monday evening, went to dinner with Mrs. Francon to celebrate her birthday! Her daughter is so cute, and so fun to play with!
Tonight - Monkey Traverse, and tomorrow - Happy Hour! (Crag, that is). I almost got a crash pad on craigslist but it sold within the hour they posted it. Oh well - this is Boulder, maybe someone else will sell their crash pad today.
We have six friends with birthdays this week! Excited for them all. Going to a surprise birthday for one of them that I'm dreading attending because I am not sure they're going to like the surprise :-( We'll see how it goes...
Llamas.
No comments:
Post a Comment