This is not a flower, it's really a llama

Sunday, June 17, 2012

I really miss my dad.

He is one of the best listeners I've known.  He cares about my dreams and encourages me.  Whenever I get home from a long day of work and face a long night of homework, I think of what he would say.  That there are many people who work harder and complain less.  To just focus on the task at hand with sincere effort, and the rest will follow.

I miss laughing so hard, because all of the jokes and silly stories he would tell my mom, brother, and me.

He gave me self-confidence.  When I was a little kid, I was the biggest crybaby.  One day, he told me it didn't matter what others said or thought of me - it didn't change who I was.  The thought made me pretty happy then, and it's kept me pretty happy since.

Today, he's on a plane to go take care of his dad.

I don't know where I'd be without his friendship.

Happy Father's Day, Dad...