This is not a flower, it's really a llama

Friday, June 15, 2012

This has been a really nice week.  I got to dance twice!  Went bhangra dancing with some nice friends in Denver, and ran into my brother and sis-in-law there.  I am lucky to have really nice friends and family.  I know most people have nice friends and family, but I'm a little taken aback sometimes by how exceptionally nice my friends and family are. It's a little eerie.

On Wednesday night, there was an outdoor reggae and calypso concert on Pearl Street, with more awesome dancing.  I rode my bike down there, and struggled as usual, with changing the gears.  I wish they just labelled it with ratio of pedal gear radius to rear wheel gear radius, to make it easy to understand, instead of this complicated numbering scheme. I guess I could actually look too, and stop complaining.  I'm lazy, what can I say? :-) 

There are free concerts every Wednesday night on Pearl Street apparently.  Hopefully, Evan and I can go to some of them on a day when his brain isn't zapped from Chinese exams.

Yesterday, hung out with some awesome friends who brought laughter, happiness, and vegetarian raspberry and chocolate cake and mint ice cream. :-)

This week, I've been reviewing basic notes on computer vision.  It's been fruitful so far!  I now feel like I understand convolution and DFT better than ever before.  I'm still trying to understand SVD.  I had an epiphany on it last year and had written some explanatory notes and now cannot find them :-(  Hopefully, either the notes or the thoughts will find their way back.

No comments: