This is not a flower, it's really a llama
Monday, July 9, 2012
In MLK's speech, "The American Dream", he states that civilization has outrun culture - humankind has advanced science and technology without making equal advances in art and philosophy. It made me wonder if I focus too much on intellectual growth and not at all on spiritual growth. So, I started keeping a journal for philosophical thoughts and reading a book called "Ideas and Ideologies". It is really hard reading, and my husband has very kindly been answering my many questions and providing historical background information. I don't know if this helps my spiritual growth. It may be futile to try to do so through reading books - that seems pretty focused on intellectual rather than spiritual too. Perhaps all I really need to do is open my mind and let the world and the people around teach me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment