This is not a flower, it's really a llama

Monday, July 9, 2012

There are belugas in my shoes

Does anyone ever feel guilty for being fortunate? I know I live a very privileged life, and not everyone has this comfort, and I feel lavishly and excessively materialistic and unappreciative. But having guilt will not help anyone else. Are most people in the world are happy? Do most have everything they need, or are most depressed? People tend to be very resilient and optimistic, so even if they are in wars, or have cancer, or have lost the people they love, or are forced into a job or relationship or situation that they don't want to be in, most people can ignore the problems and be happy anyway, most of the time, I think. But those situations must still give them stress and affect them in the long-term.

No comments: