This is not a flower, it's really a llama

Monday, September 10, 2012

What an amazing few weeks!  Beautiful, warm weather throughout.

Went hiking with friends at Miller's Rock over the long weekend.  The night air was so pretty, we took the opportunity to camp.  Our new tent only took five minutes to set up, as opposed to the half hour that Evan's old gargantuan one took.  I think this is because it has two rods (stable system) as opposed to three (unstable system), but this is very much made up.

Evan's uncle from out of town was visiting, and his mom made a really awesome brunch for everyone.  Good food and good company - doesn't get much better than that, right?

Got a big surprise at school on Friday - which may mean nothing and may mean everything (for the better) - we shall see.

As a result of the surprise, this weekend was blissfully homework and work free.

Wandered around the park early in the morning and met two dear enjoying their breakfast.

Met an old friend Chris at Food not Bombs and some new friends Hannah, Kareem and Xavier.

Went on a small hike with Evan, and went climbing with friends Ed and Jonathan.  Amazing routes and weather.

Our friend Louis invited us to his home, and asked us if we've ever miscontructed anything or ever been misconstructed.  Man, did his question make me think!

I misconstrue just about everyone I meet.  I try hard, but often fail, to approach relationships with open mind and no assumptions.  It is hard to do in practice, but when I do, I find that I learn so much and enjoy the relationship so much more.

Evan and Louis both pointed out that reality can be misconstrued too. 

No comments: