Went to a Pink Floyd laser show with my husband, who is a big Pink Floyd fan. I have never listened to the Dark Side of the Moon in its entirety before (though I think I've heard every song on there on the radio at some point or another). What a beautiful album. After listening to it, I did indeed feel in an alter, happier, relaxed state. The lasers went along really well with the music.
Went to Big City Burrito with some good friends. I really like restaurants like this one, that have really tasty food (including many vegan options!) and no pretentiousness.
Went on a run Wednesday night with some other good friends. One of them is a much faster runner than me, but was really nice and stayed behind to run with me anyway. I was very happy for the company. After the half-mile mark she went to keep her dad company, and I started following someone else who was slower like me. I'm really bad with direction, so I thought if I could follow someone, I would end up in the right place. They ended up taking a shortcut, so I ended up finishing the race before the vegan celebrity ultra-marathoner. I'm so happy he came, because I got to chow on some really tasty vegan pizza.
A co-worker and I wanted to play a game of ping-pong after work, but the table was in use, so we tried some of the other games: air hockey and foozball. Had so much fun. We used two pucks for the air hockey which made it a little crazy and fun. The soccer players on our foozball game seemed very traitorous. Her's kept scoring goals for me, and mine kept scoring goals for her. My goalie kicked the ball into my own goal. Needless to say, our foozball skills are lacking.
Last night, we went to a Dandiya (Gujrati folk dance) for Navratri (Hindu and Jain holiday). It was at the CU rec center, though we didn't know quite where. I saw a few Indian guys dressed in kurtas walking out of a room, and hurriedly asked them (before they left), if that room was where the Diwali festival was? Boy, did they laugh. :-{ They thought it was funny that an Indian person couldn't tell the difference between Diwali and Navratri. Well, they are kind of during the same time of year, right? And Dandiya and Diwali both start with D. So anyone can get confused, right? Hehehe :-)
Anyway, there you go - a lot of rambling about the random events of the week.
Hope that you all had excellent weeks as well, and can't wait to hear about them! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment