This is not a flower, it's really a llama

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Like all twenty-somethings, I've entered into the obligatory soul-searching phase of life.  Given a choice, I'd rather spend time with a math or biology book than any programming book, though I love computer programming.

Some very random thoughts ...

This recipe for tofu jambalaya looks delicious - want to give it a shot.

This Colorado winter has been great - we had 65 degrees F weather yesterday. 

Lincoln (the movie) is amazingly good.  One of the best.  Definitely recommend it.  It does a good job of describing one particular moment of history and some of the interesting players.  I had never heard of Thaddeus Stevens or Elizabeth Keckley until the movie.

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

Nice...the recipe looks good but one thing I don't get is why add the uncooked rice?? I think it would make more sense to cook rice separately and then add the rice in the rest of the gravy/mixture because rice might need to be cooked much longer than the rest of the stuff.

Yup, weather has been great but we are getting some snow over the weekend!!

Lincoln movie?? You went to see a movie?? Hmmm....next time you are coming to see a movie with me then :D!!

LlamajitKaur said...

Hey Sunshine - yeah, I bet it'd taste pretty good with the rice cooked separately, and that sounds easier! I will try out your suggested variation.

Haha - yes, lately they've been growing on me. I think I ate a substantial meal before this one and sat all the way in the back, so it didn't give me a headache the way it usually does. Maybe I will try that strategy from now on. I would enjoy seeing one with you, some time.