Yesterday, we were helping dismantle a heavy, metal ping-ping table, and as our friend was trying to detach the two halves of the table, one of the halves collapsed on top of him. He got a bad gash on his head, and had to go the hospital. Looks like everything is 100% ok and he is fine, but that was a terrible, scary night, especially for that poor friend. He is such a nice person, always trying to help everyone.
Other than that, the weekend has been really great. We hiked Mount Sanitas, went to the Saturday night discussion group to talk about Moby Dick, saw some fantastic hip-hop dancing at the Boulder Creek Festival, and got some great veggie pitas at our friend's new Extreme Pita restaurant.
I also finally stopped procrastinating and went to the lab to get some work done for school. It was kind of funny. I walked to the engineering center from home yesterday morning, because the weather was so beautiful - warm and cloudy. But it took me 45 minutes to walk there, and when I got there, it was all locked! I forgot it locked on weekends. I tried twelve different doors, and they were all closed, so I started heading back, and on the way back, I saw an Asian guy with glasses walking who looked very much like he might be an engineer. So I followed (stalked) him, and sure enough he was going to the engineering center, and he knew how to get in. It was so nice to get some work done in the lab on the weekend, without time constraints of going back to work or going home to make dinner and do laundry. I think I will go in every Sunday morning.
2 comments:
Oh man..I hope your friend is ok.
How was the Extreme Pita place?? Maybe next time I am in boulder, we'll go together.
Hahaha...I guess your assumption about the Asian guy turned out to be true :P
Thanks, Sunshine! He is ok now, luckily.
Extreme Pita was really tasty! They had good veggie pitas, with pineapple and hummus. Would love to go with you.
Post a Comment